Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
I'm sharing an easy chicken gyro recipe with tzatziki sauce that tastes delicious and doesn't require a rotisserie cone!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time23 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- MARINADE FOR CHICKEN:
- 2 lbs chicken 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsps of GREEK seasoning or Montreal chicken seasoning
- TZATZIKI SAUCE:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP mayo
- 1/2 English cucumber grated and liquid squeezed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 TBSP fresh dill
- 6 pocket-less pita breads warmed up
- 2 small tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 of a purple or sweet onion sliced
Toss together the chicken and marinade and leave on the counter top for 15-30 minutes.
Grill or pan-fry the chicken breasts until done, discarding any excess marinade. Then slice chicken into bite-sized pieces.
To assemble gyros: place chicken pieces into the pita bread. Top with onions and tomatoes and dollop 2 heaping teaspoons over the top. Serve!