Skip the Dominos Pizza Menu and make Dominos Pizza dough at home! All you need is a mixing bowl, 6 main ingredients, and a goodie bag (secret ingredients!) This pizza dough recipe out beats all the other pizza crust recipes and is made like the pizza Dominos is known for!
Make a Robust inspired tomato sauce that you can freeze or can anytime you want to make a pizza! We also love BBQ flavored pizza and ranch dressing for bacon and ranch pizzas! Want to make a white sauce? Try our easy alfredo sauce recipe for white pizza!
Why It’s The Best Pizza Dough Recipe?
Pizzerias like Domions make-ahead their pizza dough, which keeps in the refrigerator until ordered for delivery. Pizzerias have all the pizza toppings on hand to whip up a pizza from a ball of dough! Overnight crust creates that impressive New York-Style Pizza Dough, which is key to that chewy crust we all want in a pizza crust!
To develop this pizza dough recipe I used the best of my pizza-making skills from all the other pizza crust recipes I’ve made! So, with some pizza knowledge, I was able to research each ingredient found in the hand-tossed crust and observe how the real dough looks to bring you, this seriously amazing pizza dough recipe! As a result, after I’ve mastered a 50lb pizza dough recipe from a New York Pizzeria Man that I scaled down in this New York-Style Pizza, to only improve a Neapolitan pizza recipe and give you that flavorful pizza dough take-out pizza delivers!
The Secret To The Best Pizza Dough:
Pizzeria Pizza Dough Secrets:
New York Pizza Dough Makers ferment their dough at least 24 hours with 48 hours being the best. Fermentation is just a hands-off process of allowing the dough to sit and ferment in the fridge to develop that pizza flavor we all want. Without it pizza crust isn’t the same and how else would pizza chains run a Pizzeria?
Pizza Makers make massive amounts of dough made with bakers percentages and use a very little amount of yeast to allow the dough to rise slowly and develop texture.
How does Domino’s Pizza Make their Dough?
Domino’s Pizza makes 500 lbs of ingredients in each mixing bowl! The 6 main ingredients include flour, water, salt, sugar, yeast, and oil. Then they add a “goodie bag”! I’ve watched How Domions Makes It’s Pizza to develop this pizza dough recipe and used the best of my pizza making skills from all the other pizza crust recipes I’ve made! So, with some pizza knowledge, I was able to research each ingredient found in the hand-tossed crust and observe how the real dough looks to bring you, this seriously amazing pizza dough recipe! So, what’s in the Goodie Bag?
The goodie bag is a mixture of Whey (a dry milk product), maltodextrin (preservative), dextrose (sweetener), and a dough conditioner (enhancer.) Since this is a homemade pizza dough recipe, there will be no preservatives. The sugar works like dextrose and for the dough conditioner, I used baking powder which is proven for awesome dough results as seen in my Fluffy Pizza Crust Recipe (that has been featured on Tasty’s Ultimate Cookbook!) As a result, powdered milk is said to contribute to the browning of the crust. So with these substitutes and knowing how I wanted my pizza dough to look and taste (tacky and thick as seen in the Dominos Pizza video), I’m bringing you the pizza dough recipe that is said to be Better-Than-Dominos Pizza!
Tips for The Best Pizza Dough:
- Make pizza dough two days in advance for the best results.
- Use cool water for slow fermentation, otherwise, you will activate the yeast and it will rise.
- Go for a high gluten flour.
- Use low moisture Mozzarella cheese with a blend of other good melting white cheeses.
How To Make Pizza Dough Like Domino’s Pizza:
Dominos Pizza Recipe
- 1 1/3 cup water (room temperature at 80°F)
- 1 tsp dry active yeast
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp oil (soybean oil)
- 3 Tbsp dry milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 cups bread flour (used King Arthur Special Patent Flour)
How To Make Domino's Pizza Dough Copycat Recipe:
- Combine the water, yeast, sugar, salt, and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add dry milk, baking powder, and flour.
- Stir together and knead for 7 minutes (over low speed if using a mixer.)
- Divide dough into 3 (12 oz) balls.
- Place into a lightly greased tray and oil tops. Keep refrigerated covered for up to 4 days or freeze.
To Bake Pizza:
- Dredge each pizza dough ball into 1 cup of cornmeal and stretch to a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer to a greased pizza pan with holes. Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce over the top leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Top with your favorite toppings or make a specialty pizza.
- Bake on the bottom rack of a 500°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is dark brown. Slice into 8 slices and serve.
- To Flavor The Crust: Brush a garlic-infused butter or oil over the crust and sprinkle with additional seasonings like garlic salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese, or fennel seeds.
- Flours- bread flour allows you to stretch out the pizza dough easily due to the gluten content. You can use all-purpose flour instead only increase the kneading time to bring out the gluten.
- Pizza Pan- Domino's Pizza uses flat pizza disks with holes before they toss the pizza into a conveyor oven. Use any pizza pan.
- Cheese- Domino's Pizza uses a blend of Mozzarella and provolone along with some other white blends. Use part-skim Mozzarella.
- Sauce- look for a robust tomato sauce that is sweet like my Marinara sauce that is flavorful and thick like theirs!
Nutrition per serving