Restaurant-style Chicken Quesadilla Recipe! These quesadillas are made with, flour tortillas, easy Mexican seasoning mix, Colby Jack cheese, chicken, salsa, and sauteed veggies. These Restaurant Quesadillas are so EASY to make and taste like the ones you would order at a grill chain restaurant! Chicken Quesadillas can be easier than you think!
I come to believe that simple recipes can be very tasty. I’m convinced Restaurants need speedy recipes to make per orders and this one fits the requirements! It’s super easy to throw together and tastes so good! Even children can eat these quesadillas! No complicated ingredients or tools needed. Love me a quick lunch or dinner idea when it’s this easy! Make it with chicken or steak and share your creation with us!
How to make Restaurant Style Chicken Quesadillas:
Easy Restaurant-Style Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix (chicken or fajita flavor)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 8 burrito sized tortillas
How to make Restaurant Chicken Quesadillas:
- Poach Chicken by simmering it in a medium-sized saucepan half way full of water for 20 min. Remove; cool and slice thinly.
- In a large skillet sear the bell pepper and onion in 2 tbsp of oil. Add the chicken, taco seasoning, water and salsa. Stir over hi heat until water disapperars.
- Fill each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Add 1/3 cup of cheese. Fold in half and brown on both sides. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges and serve with sour cream, salsa and shredded lettuce!
- Use any colored bell peppers.
- salsa or picante can be used.
- Microwave each tortillas for 30 seconds before browning. This way everything melts quicker.
Nutrition per serving
What taco seasoning can I use for quesadillas?
Any taco seasoning will work, but a chicken taco seasoning or fajita style seasoning works best!
What’s the difference between Salsa and Picante sauce?
Salsa and picante are both tomato based sauces that are very similar to each other. However, Picante means “hot” so picante sauces will have an addition of hot peppers, whether they’d be mild or hot.
Can I substitute picante sauce for salsa?
Yes! Since both are very similar they can easily be interchangeable in recipes!
What’s the fasted way to cook chicken for quesadillas?
Tips for making Chicken Quesadillas:
- Make your own ready-to-use grilled chicken pieces for quesadillas! Or use store bought.
- Picante sauce can be used for salsa.
- McCormick Southwest Chicken Quesadilla Seasoning mix, is one of the best quesadilla seasonings!
- Microwave the quesadilla right before browning. This speeds up the melting process on the skillet.