This Easy Fruit Pizza is made over a 3-ingredient cookie crust with a whipped cream cheese frosting and fruits! It’s a simple and vibrant dessert!
The only fruit pizza you need because it’s so easy and tastes, “guest impressive!” Even children reach out for this dessert! It comes in the size of a pizza and gets cut into little squares, making the perfect finger dessert that your guests can pick up without a utensil! Plus it looks so vibrant and pretty, who wouldn’t want a piece? I never realized what I was missing out on until I tried this dessert at someones house. It’s as good as a pretzel dessert but with a homemade sugar cookie crust. Layer it up with fruits of your choice and make that glaze for the fruits!
How to make Easy Fruit Pizza step-by-step:
Easy Fruit Pizza Recipe
Sugar Cookie Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool whip thawed
- 20 oz Crushed Pineapple
- 18 oz Blueberries
- 12 oz Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch (optional)
How to make Easy Fruit Pizza:
- Mix crust ingredients together to form a ball of dough.
- Divide and press the dough into two round pizza pans (13-inch circles.) Bake 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix and spread frosting over crust.
- Drain pineapples reserving the juice. Layer the fruits into columns. Bring reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch to a boil until clear and thick. Pour over fruit to make a glaze. Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Note: The Fruit glaze is optional. To omit just don't reserve the pineapple juice to make a slurry with cornstarch.
- Fruit Pizza for a crowd: This recipe makes 2 pizzas, which makes it perfect for gatherings or larger crowds. Half recipe, if desired.
- Pans to use: Can use two round pizza pans or two 13x9-inch pyrex pans. Can also use one XL cookie sheet.
- can use clear jell or thermflo for cornstarch.
Nutrition per serving
What is fruit pizza?
Fruit pizza is a layered dessert made from a cookie crust then topped with frosting and fruits!
Will my crust get soggy?
Due to the crisp crust and firm cream, this recipe shouldn’t get soggy.
How to prevent a soggy pizza fruit crust?
The reason sogginess is prone to happen is if the frosting is too runny or wet fruits are added to the icing. However, the good news is that this recipe shouldn’t get soggy! The frosting here is nice and thick! As of a result, to help this dessert retain its firmness keep refrigerated.
What ingredients are used?
This fruit pizza is made from an easy margarine cookie crust, a cool whip frosting that includes cream cheese and fruits that have been glazed with left over pineapple juice. Simple and tasty!
What fruits go best?
- pineapple chunks
- Use thermoflo, cornstarch or clear jell as the glaze thickener.
- Create your own toppings of choice!
- Opt for canned sliced peaches and use the left over juice for the glaze!
- Use honey or maple syrup for the powdered sugar in the frosting for a lighter dessert!