Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli is a hearty bean and pasta soup served at Olive Garden. It’s an EASY, one-pot soup the family can enjoy right from home! The ONLY way I make Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli!
This is the hearty red soup that resembles “Italian chili” at the Olive Garden restaurant! Although, I like Zuppa Toscana this soup stands on the top to eat soups at Olive Garden. I love this thick bean soup with some freshly grated parmesan cheese–just YUM! It’s incredibly easy to replicate and everything is done in one-pot! The only way I make Fasta e Fagioli soup from scratch, at home!
What makes this Pasta Fagioli Recipe EASY?
- This Pasta Fagioli is a one-pot soup. Meaning it’s all made in one pot.
- There is ONLY 3 easy steps!
- No long lists of fancy herbs or spices!
- Simple ingredients. A simple
Ingredients for Pasta e Fagioli Soup:
- 2 mild sausages, casings removed
- 1/3 cup
How to make EASY Pasta e Fagioli Soup bstep-by-step:
1. In a large pot sauté the onion (and fresh celery if using) in a few tbsp of olive oil. Add in the crumbled meat and fry until partially cooked through.
2. Add the broth, canned tomatoes, ketchup, sugar and carrots. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
3. Next add in the spices, pasta, and beans. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving.
How to prevent soggy pasta in soup:
I like to slightly under-cook the pasta by a few minutes. It will still be soft, just not over cooked and falling apart by the time its done. When the soup stops boiling the hot heat still keeps the pasta warm but you’re not boiling it any more for further cooking. That is secret to not over cooking the pasta in soups! This is a helpful tip to keep in mind when making soups with any type of dough.
Olive Garden Pasta FagioliOlive Garden Pasta Fagioli is a hearty bean and pasta soup served at Olive Garden. It's an EASY, one-pot soup the family can enjoy right from home!
- 1 onion diced
- 2 mild sausages casings removed
- 4 cups broth
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 TBSP ketchup
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/3 cup Ditalini pasta
- 1/2 can red kidney beans
- 1/2 can white beans
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli copycat:
- In a large pot sauté the onion in a 3 tbsp of olive oil. Add the crumbled sausage and fry until partially cooked through.
- Add the broth, canned tomatoes, ketchup, sugar and carrots. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the spices, pasta and beans. Simmer for another 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving.
NotesBroth Substitute: Can use 4 cups water + 1/2 TBSP beef bullion for the broth. Celery Seed Substitute: Can substitute 1 stalk of fresh celery for the seeds.