The EASIEST Chicken Curry! All the Indian flavors but a fraction of the ingredients! This Chicken curry recipe will easily become a family favorite! Wait until you get a whiff of this aromatic chicken, your in for a real tasty dinner!
Indian Chicken curry is best over a bowl of hot rice and with a side of flatbread. Try our Stonefire Copycat Naan Bread and our foolproof stovetop rice to complete your Indian dinner!
Easy Chicken Curry
Our family doesn’t eat the Indian Cuisine much but this Chicken Curry is WOWZA! Even someone who doesn’t like curry will probably fall for this dish and it’s one the easiest things to make! No long list of different spices or pureeing anything in that matter! Infact you don’t even sauté or make any slurries! Salsa has many of the ingredients already, (like garlic or bell peppers) and all you need are a few ingredients like coconut milk and curry powder to bring this together! I’m telling you it’s the EASIEST! Everything gets dumped into the crockpot raw and you’ll have an aromatic house with dinner on the table in no time!
How to make Chicken Curry:
Easy Chicken Curry
Ingredients for Chicken Curry:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (2 breasts, cubed)
- 4 carrots diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
How to make Easy Chicken Curry:
- Place the cubed chicken, onion and carrots into a lightly greased crockpot. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Stir to coat and cook over High for 4 hours. Serve over White rice and a side of Naan Bread! Delicious!
- This chicken curry does not need additional liquid and it will thicken nicely without a slurry.
- Our recipe for Stovetop rice is just enough for this recipe.
- Make our Stonefire Copycat Naan Bread for a complete Indian Dinner!
Nutrition per serving
Can I make Chicken Curry on the stovetop?
Absolutely! Sauté the onion, carrots and chicken in a kettle, first. Then add the spices and sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes over med-low partially covered.
What do you serve with Chicken Curry?
Curry is best paired with white rice and a flatbread like naan! If using potatoes in your curry, rice would be omitted.
Is this Spicy?
This recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, it has some slight heat. However, it’s not overwhelming but very subtle and mild. If you wish, you can completely omit or add 1/4 of a teaspoon instead, the curry should still be as delicious!
What does chicken curry taste like?
Curry is a very aromatic and savory dish. A unique blend of commonly used Indian spices are combined to give curry that authentic Indian Smell. When made right it’s can be very pleasant!
What Ingredients are in Chicken Curry?
Here is a list of all the ingredients:
- Spice blend (curry powder, salt and pepper flakes)
- coconut milk
- tomato paste
What are the different types of rices?
The commonly top three rices sold at the grocery stores are long grain rice (jasmine), short grain rice (sushi rice), and brown rice (Uncle Ben’s). Many other selections are available but those are the popular ones to choose from. For a complete list and photos of different types of rice, check out this post.
- Add pureed or diced bell peppers for extra flavor!
- Best served with Naan Bread!
- Omit the rice when serving and cook with potatoes instead, for a hearty dish!
- Make over the stovetop, if short on time!