This cinnamon apple cake nearly disappeared the day I made it! It’s perfectly sweet, extremely easy and is the only apple cake recipe that you’ll ever need!
Apple Cake Recipe
Since apples are available year-round, what better way to use them up then in this delicious apple dessert?! This recipe has minimal ingredients and takes minutes to prepare. It’s super low maintenance and tastes like a moistened apple chunk muffin with a crunchy cinnamon sugar crust! It’s really an incredible dessert and who would’ve guessed it’s this easy?
How to core an apple:
I used to use a knife to quarter and seed apples, but once I received this apple corer (affiliate link), I don’t think I’m going back! It will remove your core in a breeze and doesn’t take up much storage space to invest in! Many more apple snacks to enjoy when you have such an easy to use tool!
What apples are best for apple cake?
A sweeter variety of apples go best with apple cakes. I used Gala apples but cortland, fuji, Honeycrisp and macintosh apples are all welcome.
Ingredients for Apple Cake:
How to make Cinnamon apple cake:
Other Cinnamon flavored desserts to try:
Apple Cinnamon Cake Recipe
- 8" Springform Pan
Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 apples chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
How to make Apple Cinnamon Cake:
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray and line the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar over high speed for 3 minutes or until pale and thick. Mix in the vanilla, sour cream and oil. Add the dry ingredients and mix for 30 seconds or until just combined.
- Spread half of the mixture into the prepared pan and top with half of the apples. Spread remaining batter over the top and garnish with the reserved apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar topping over the top and bake for 65-75 minutes or until done.
- Can use 9x9 pan
- Vegetable oil or soybean oil may be used for canola oil
- Any sweet apples like gala, fuji, Honeycrisp, macintosh or cortland will work.