Mocha Frozen Dessert is made of creamy peanut butter, condensed milk, cream cheese, chocolate syrup, cool whip, and coffee all layered over a crunchy oreo cookie crust and served like ice cream cake. This no-bake dessert is one of my favorite summer desserts to make and it’s so easy! If your running out of dessert ideas this one is perfect for crowds, bbq parties, or as no-bake desserts for the busy mom, everyone loves this sweet dish!
Frozen desserts are the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day. Try our other frozen dessert recipes like this Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe, Oreo Ice cream, or Chocolate Ice Cream, all made at home! Ice cream desserts always seem to please crowds especially when people find out it’s homemade dessert there’s something special about serving this cold treat! To make an ice cream sandwich dessert, simply make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe with our vanilla ice cream!
What is a Frozen Dessert:
A frozen dessert is not quite like ice cream. Although this frozen oreo dessert is layered with sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese this easy dessert is far more rich and so incredibly delicious! This kind of frozen dessert contains dairy and peanut butter which makes it easy to slice and is one of the best-frozen desserts I’ve ever had! I love this frozen mocha dessert, it’s similar to mocha lasagna for its creamy layers of Cool whip and cream cheese over a crisp Oreo crust, only it’s served super cold like ice cream!
When we were moving out of our rental a Mennonite mom had brought over a tray of homemade lasagna, salad, and this Frozen Mocha dessert in a foil pan marbled with chocolate. It was so eye-catching and the perfect dessert to complete our main course dinner on that hot day! We all fell in love with this oreo dessert and make it as an alternative to ice cream when were craving a cold dessert.
Ingredients for Frozen Dessert:
We love an easy dessert with few ingredients! This recipe doesn’t even need additional sugar! The creamy peanut butter and condensed milk are both sweetened so this dessert comes together quicker than you may think! I made two pans of this oreo frozen dessert and it was so easy to make, even when doubled!
- Oreo Cookies: is the base of this cookie crust, I remove the cookie filling first before crushing coarsely and tossing in melted butter.
- Mocha Filling: is basically a mix of peanut butter, cool whip (or make whipped cream), Eagle brand condensed milk, cream cheese, and instant coffee dissolved in hot water. I like to mix this first before adding the whipped topping.
- Chocolate Syrup: I use a little in the mocha filling and then top the dessert off with it to make a marble design.
Note: instant coffee granules are dehydrated coffee chrystals from brewed coffee beans. You can find instant coffee in a glass jar by the coffee beans at most grocery stores.
How To Make Frozen Dessert:
Frozen dessert recipes are so easy to make! This no-bake dessert can be made at home in under 20 minutes! Prep is quick and all you really need is a foil or glass pyrex pan to keep the dessert chilled.
- Make the cookie crust by crushing the oreo cookies. Melt the butter and mix it with the cookie crumbs. Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 13×9 pan and freeze.
- Prep the filling. Mix together the peanut butter, condensed milk, cream cheese, chocolate syrup, and dissolved instant coffee granules.
- Fold in the cool whip and spread over the chilled crust.
- Drizzle more chocolate syrup over the top and run a knife through the dessert to make a marble design. Freeze until hard (at least 2 hours.)
- Serve cold.
Does Frozen Dessert Freeze Hard?
Frozen dessert will not freeze like ice cream. You can easily cut this dessert into bars after the freezer. Because of the rich dairy ingredients, this dessert doesn’t seem to solidify to the point where it’s too hard to cut. Also, Cool Whip maintains its texture better than whipped cream so it holds its shape better while frozen.
How To Serve Frozen No-Bake Dessert:
This frozen dessert is best served with the main course meal as a cold sweet treat. It’s incredibly delicious so beware because you can easily eat more than one slice! Desserts with cream cheese make the perfect no-bake desserts for a crowd or party, and in some cases freeze well.
- This dessert recipe can be converted into mini desserts by scooping small individual servings into dessert cups.
- Serve this frozen dessert with fresh fruit like blackberry, blueberry, and strawberries. Additional whipped topping, caramel syrup, pecans, raspberries, or cherries makes for a more decadent dessert!
- Use gluten-free oreo cookies for a gluten-free dessert. Low-fat cream cheese and Cool whip are also available for a low-calorie dessert.
- Top this dessert with extra oreo halves and whipped cream (from an aerosol can) for a party dessert!
- Make ahead and store in the freezer days ahead of time or an easy dessert that goes from freezer to table!
Frozen Dessert Supplies:
- pyrex pan– with a lid is so handy for this frozen dessert!
- French Rolling Pin- I used a rolling pin to crush my oreo cookies
- A freezer quart-sized bag- is a great disposable option for crushing the cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl– to mix the filling together
- Hand Mixer- for blending the ingredients
More Summer Dessert Recipes:
- Easy Fruit Pizza– this dessert pizza has a crunchy shortbread base with lots of fruit!
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Copycat)– are homemade for all your favorite crescent roll desserts!
- Pecan Pie Recipe– is so good chilled in the fridge
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- Strawberry Cheesecake Scones
Is Mocha Frozen Dessert Gluten-Free?
To make a gluten-free Mocha dessert look for gluten-free oreo cookies.
Frozen Dessert Tips:
- For a fourth of July dessert, omit the chocolate drizzle and decorate with blueberries and red raspberries.
- Make this dessert for any occasion, it freezes well and is a great make-ahead dessert!
- Mocha dessert is best kept frozen and cold.
- Crush the Oreos coarsely, for the filling to adhere better and for a crunchy crust.
How To Make No-Bake Frozen Dessert:
Mocha Frozen Dessert
- 1 13x9 pyrex dish (with lid for covering when freezing)
- 1 hand mixer
- 1 rolling pin (for crushing the Oreo cookies)
- 1 freezer bag (quart size for crushing cookies)
- 2 cups crushed Oreos (24 Oreos, fillings removed and crushed)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tbsp instant coffee dissolved with 1/4 cup of hot water
- 2 cups Cool Whip (thawed)
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of a 13x9 dish. Freeze while you prep the filling.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together all the ingredients except for the Cool whip.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour filling over the chilled crust and drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.
- Run a knife through the top to make a marble design. Keep frozen for at least 2 hours before serving. Slice and serve frozen.
- To crush Oreo cookies, I like to coarsely crush them inside a freezer bag using a rolling pin. Don't finely crush the cookie crumbs you don't want powder, the filling adheres better to a chunkier crust.
- Chocolate syrup is usually found in the ice cream toppings section or coffee aisle.