My favorite Chick-fil-a Sandwich is the Original Chicken Sandwich with dill pickles and American Cheese! The classic Chick-fil-A sandwich is served in a toasted buttered bun with dill pickle chips! Make it homemade for a fraction of the cost!
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich
Chick-fil-A is known for their delicious chicken sandwiches and there tasty orange dipping sauce called the Chick-fil-A sauce! Of coarse, there’s the Chick-fil-A Deluxe sandwich and the spicy chicken sandwich to choose from but if you read the origin of the chicken sandwich it’s the simple non-dressed sandwich that started the success. After all, the chicken breasts are the show of the sandwich so if you get that to taste right the toppings come to play easily.
For an easy dinner or a quick lunch fix, I like to use store bought breaded chicken breasts to make this copycat version, but I will include a quick homemade chicken breading recipe in the recipe card below, for those who prefer it from scratch. I made this chicken breading up on a whim and it makes for one of the best fluffy and crisp chicken breading’s, but I don’t always have time to make everything from scratch! The breading is made from a homemade Bisquick, but you can skip all of that and simply use the freezer breaded chicken if you’re short on time.
How to Make a Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich:
Copycat Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- 4 breaded chicken breast fillets
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 dill pickle chips
How to Make a Chick-Fil-a Chicken Sandwich:
- Cook freezer-ready breaded chicken breasts according to package directions.
- Place two dill pickle chip slices onto the bottom of each hamburger bun. Top with a cooked chicken breast and the other half of the burger bun. (Add a slice of American cheese if desired.)
- Microwave sandwich for 25 seconds for the bun to soften.
- Serve with waffle fries and Chick-fil-A Sauce!
Nutrition per serving
What kind of chicken can I use for Homemade Chick-fil-A Sandwiches?
The original Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A uses breaded Chicken breasts. However, thighs or tenders are cuts that can be used for making breaded chicken patties. On the hand, grocery-store breaded chicken can be a huge shortcut in making sandwiches, but it can be a costly option. Furthermore, If I buy breaded chicken there’s usually two kinds I buy in replicating the Chick-fil-A sandwiches. The ones pictured were from a bulk box of chicken fritters and a freezer bag of breaded chicken breasts from Aldi is also another good find.
How to make homemade chicken breading for the Chick-fil-A chicken Sandwich?
Making your own chicken breading from scratch is easy. Here is a great recipe to use and since a Bisquick mix has leavening in the mix the chicken breading gets fluffy and crisp.
HOMEMADE BREADING RECIPE:
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 tsp paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and ground black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper (opt)
- milk or buttermilk for dipping chicken breasts before breading
- 2 chicken breasts
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise then in half crosswise to get 4 pieces of chicken out of each breast. Toss Bisquick and spices into a zip-loc bag. Dip chicken pieces in milk then the breading and fry on each side until cooked thoroughly.
Where can I buy waffle fries like Chick-fil-A?
The waffle fries pictured were from the freezer section of Walmart but many other major grocery stores should carry waffle fries in the freezer section that you can make at home. This is very price efficient as the cost of a single order of fries can range from around $3 and a bag of waffle fries from Walmart cost around $2.
Where can I buy Chick-fil-A pickles?
How do you make Chick-fil-a Sauce?
I have the perfect copycat Chick-fil-a sauce recipe right here! It’s just like the real thing!
- Make your own breading for chicken from Homemade Bisquick!
- Try this Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce!
- Use Dill Pickle chips!
- Make your own waffle fires with this slicer!