Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito is a Taco Bell Burrito stuffed with grilled chicken, crunchy tortilla strips, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and creamy chipotle and ranch sauce. This copycat burrito recipe has become a family favorite Mexican meal that is quick and easy to make! Kids, even love these warm flour tortillas wrapped around these tasty taco toppings!
I love grilled stuffed burritos! There’s something about toasted burritos and creamy southwest sauces that make burritos grand! Using pre-cooked and ready chicken strips allows burritos to come together in no time, but if you prefer making homemade flour tortillas and your own grilled chicken by all means go for it!
Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito:
This grilled chicken burrito recipe was inspired off the Taco Bell menu. It has been a currant favorite food of mine when eating at Taco Bell. Since eating out is a treat and cravings for it are often, it only makes sense to make it at home from scratch.
I like to have the Taco Bell Chipotle sauce at home and try to keep a stash of flour tortillas in my freezer for when the cravings hit. You can buy the creamy chipotle sauce at Walmart in the Mexican aisle with the avocado ranch but I use plain ranch dressing (and you can’t really taste the difference, it’s still as tasty)!
This burrito is very flavorful! I have been asked for recipe to these chicken burritos which lead me to make a blog post. If you love American Mexican food, this one is a super tasty treat that children and adults enjoy!
Taco Bell Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito Ingredients are simple. With store bought grill chicken and flour tortillas meal prep is so easy!
- Grilled Chicken- can be purchased in most grocery stores in the poultry or deli section or you can cook boneless skinless chicken breasts with your favorites spices instead. Chicken is a quick and cheap protein to cook.
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce- is a Taco Bell sauce that can be purchased at most grocery stores. It’s tangy and creamy with notes of chipotle peppers. I will usually add 1 squirt across the burrito, don’t go too heavy (it’s slightly spicy).
- Avocado Ranch Sauce- is ranch dressing with avocados. I use plain ranch dressing but if you want the extra nutrition simply add diced avocados to the burritos instead.
- Cheddar Cheese- use shredded cheddar or a Colby and Monterey Jack blend cheese. Any Mexican blend will work!
- Iceberg Lettuce- is what Taco bell uses but feel free to chop romaine or green leaf lettuce.
- Tomatoes- should be diced. Use Roma or paste tomatoes for less pulp and seeds.
- Fiesta strips- are crunchy red-colored tortilla chips. You can use tri-colored or crushed corn chips for the crunch here.
- Flour Tortillas- use 10-inch tortillas or bigger, anything less can make it hard to keep the fillings in can easily tear.
How To Make Taco Bell Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito:
Before you start wrapping the burritos you’ll need to preheat a griddle or non-stick skillet. To speed up the toasting time I sometimes microwave the burritos with toppings for 30 seconds, then remove, wrap up, and toast. This makes the flour tortillas more pliable and gives a head start to grilling.
- Prep the ingredients. Chop the lettuce, dice the tomatoes, shred the cheese, and lay out all the ingredients.
- On a large flour tortilla layer the cheese, chicken, sauces, tomatoes, lettuce, and tortilla strips.
- Tuck in the sides and roll up the burrito.
- Place seam down on a preheated skillet over medium-high heat. Toast on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm.
Can You Freeze Chipotle Ranch Chicken Burrito?
I would not freeze these burritos since lettuce, tomatoes, and chips tend to get soggy. However, if you add-in other toppings that are freezer friendly they can make a great freezer meal. Simply wrap burritos in foil and freeze for up to 3 months (if using freezer-friendly fillings). Then thaw and reheat on the skillet or bake in a preheated 400°F wrapped in foil for 30 minutes.
How To Store and Reheat Burritos:
I like to make all of the chipotle ranch grilled chicken burritos at once. Any leftovers store well in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap or placed in an airtight container. To make ahead, make sure all of the ingredients are thawed and prepped for easy assembling.
Leftover burritos will reheat fast in the microwave and still taste good. To revive and crisp up the burritos again, arrange them onto a single layer over a lined baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400°F for 15 minutes.
What To Serve with Chicken Burritos:
These chipotle ranch grilled chicken burritos are great on there own for lunch or dinner but if you want some extra sides or are planning to entertain here are some ideas to serve these up!
- Serve with salsa and chips!
- Guacamole would add a nice burrito topping!
- Refried beans and seasoned rice.
- Fresh pico de gallo or Jalapeño relish.
More Taco Bell Copycats To Make at Home:
- Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- Taco Bell Grilled Stuffed Burrito (Copycat)
- Cheesy Potato Griller Taco Bell Copycat Recipe
- Taco Bell Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes (Copycat Recipe)
- Creamy jalapeño Sauce
Did you make this burrito? Rate and review this recipe! We now have a feature where you can upload a photo with your comment!
Tips for Making Burritos:
- Mix and match the cheeses. You don’t have to use cheddar cheese. I like using a Mexican blend cheese or Colby blend for quesadillas and burritos they melt nicely and are mild in taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese around the edge of the flour tortilla this will help glue the burrito together when toasting.
- For a healthier burrito use whole wheat flour tortillas.
- Make your own chipotle sauce by seasoning your favorite ranch dressing with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burrito
- 1 non-stick skillet (11 or 12-inch)
- 1 kitchen tongs (to flip and toast the burritos)
- 8 large 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 head ice berg lettuce (about 4 cups of chopped lettuce)
- 1 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (about 3/4 of beef steak tomato, diced)
- 16 oz grilled chicken breast strips
- 16 oz shredded cheddar cheese (can use Mexican blend or Colby jack)
- 3 oz crunchy tortilla strips (or crushed tortilla chips)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Taco Bell Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Prep the ingredients. Grate the cheese, chop the lettuce, and dice the tomatoes. Lay out all the ingredients.
- Top a large flour tortilla with 1/2 cup of cheese, 1/2 cup of chicken strips, 1 Tbsp of chipotle sauce, 1 Tbsp Ranch dressing, 1/2 cup lettuce, 2 Tbsp diced tomatoes, and 1/3 cup tortilla strips.
- Tuck in the sides and roll up into a burrito.
- Grill in a preheated skillet over medium heat on all sides until golden and crispy.