A Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla Recipe is a reason to make chicken quesadillas at home! This Taco Bell quesadilla sauce goes with just about any quesadilla recipe, whether you like steak, chicken and cheese, or vegetarian! It’s so easy to make including the Creamy Jalapeno sauce!
Need more Mexican-inspired Recipes? Try our Cheesy Beef Enchiladas, or Cheesy Potato Griller (Taco Bell Copycat Recipe)! Making a batch of Shredded Chicken or Freezer Chicken Strips is always a good idea for chicken quesadilla recipes like this.
Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla
Taco Bell is the fast-food Mexican-American food we all seem to crave especially something good as their chicken quesadillas. It’s a Fast Food that is so easy and quick to make using a few simple ingredients! Taco Bell serves quesadillas with chicken, steak, or cheese that you can customize with taco toppings or make into a supreme combo! The chicken quesadilla at Taco Bell is known for the orange creamy jalapeno sauce that makes the entire meal!
So, whether you’re searching for how to make a chicken quesadilla recipe like the Taco Bell quesadilla or some tips on how to cook quesadillas, I share all my secrets to cooking these cheesy quesadillas that I’m certain you’ll love!
Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce:
Though the chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell has super easy ingredients, the secret lies all in the creamy quesadilla sauce. I make my own Taco Bell Creamy Jalapeno Sauce in under 5 minutes and it tastes just like the creamy Taco Bell sauce (read all the reviews!) P.S. my friend is opening up a Cafe launching this Creamy Jalapeno Sauce in her grilled sandwiches, so know that it’s admired!
How To Make Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce?
To make the quesadilla sauce like Taco Bell, I start with Ranch dressing as the base. I then add seasonings and some jalapenos for a mildly spicy sauce that comes together by using a hand blender (easy clean-up!) As a result, even if you never tried Taco Bell but want a good Mexican sauce for taco salads, burgers, or potatoes-this sauce is a condiment staple and it keeps very well in the fridge! I like to keep some in a squeezable bottle for burritos or any other Mexican-inspired recipes because it’s just that good!
Chicken quesadilla is my favorite! Maybe because chicken is just so tender and a cheap protein but know that you can use any leftover meat or go vegetarian with plain cheese and beans! The fact of the matter is, once you have the sauce on hand you can make it as versatile as you want using leftover grilled meat, rotisserie chicken, or ground beef. Taco Bell quesadillas come in chicken, steak, or cheese.
- Chicken Quesadilla: this chicken quesadilla recipe is made with a 3 cheese blend (also known as Mexican cheese blend), grilled chicken strips, and Creamy Jalapeno Sauce. Serve it with some sour cream or Pico de Gallo for supreme flavor!
- Steak Quesadilla: use leftover grilled steak slices, Mexican cheese, and Creamy Jalapeno Sauce to build your Steak Quesadilla, it’s just a matter of swapping out the meat with your favorite protein!
- Cheese Quesadilla: go vegetarian by using a Mexican cheese blend and 1/2 cup of refried beans (per quesadilla), and don’t forget the Taco Bell quesadilla sauce!
Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients:
- Flour tortillas- you will need extra-large flour tortillas for this Taco Bell chicken quesadilla recipe. Extra-large tortillas also go by the name of “Grande.” I like the
Old El Paso Restaurant style flour tortillas from Walmart. You can also use burrito size flour tortillas, however, a true Taco Bell quesadilla is made large to fit their signature paper pouch when folded in half.
- Mexican cheese- is a blend of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla, and Asadero cheese. They also go by “Fiesta blend” cheese. You can also purchase these cheeses separately and grate them yourself. For a 3 cheese blend, leave out the cheddar.
- Cooked Chicken- grilled and seasoned chicken strips are flavorful and juicy. I use fully cooked chicken breast strips from the grocery store but leftovers will work fine too!
- Quesadilla sauce- is a creamy jalapeno sauce perfect for chicken quesadillas! It’s mildly spicy and makes this quesadilla taste like
How To Make Chicken Quesadillas:
To make a Taco Bell quesadilla, start by figuring out how to cook the chicken for quesadillas. If you don’t want to spend the extra time cooking the poultry, then use pre-cooked grilled chicken strips for a shortcut to dinner or lunch. I picked mine up from the freezer section of Walmart and sometimes you can find the fully cooked chicken breast meats in the fridge section of some grocery stores.
Furthermore, if you prefer to cook and season the chicken for quesadillas then make grilled, pan-fried, or shredded chicken seasoned to your liking. You can also find rotisserie chicken in most grocery stores. To make a chicken quesadilla on the stove use a large griddle or pan so, that the quesadilla can easily fit inside.
- Use extra-large flour tortillas for quesadillas, this makes them easier to fill and handle during the cooking period.
- Top each flour tortilla with cheese first. You want the heat to reach and melt the cheese when toasting on the skillet, for cheesy quesadillas. I like to place the toppings on one half since it would later be folded over.
- Next, sprinkle the chicken pieces over the cheese and drizzle with the Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce Recipe.
- Fold the tortilla in half and toast on both sides on a preheated griddle.
- Quesadillas are done when the cheese melts, and the toppings are heated thoroughly. Be sure, to cook them over medium steady heat so the quesadillas don’t burn.
What Is Chicken Quesadilla?
What’s in a taco bell quesadilla? A Taco Bell chicken quesadilla is one of three quesadillas served at Taco Bell. It consists of marinated and grilled chicken pieces, a 3 cheese blend, and Creamy Jalapeno Sauce. They first made it to the menu in 2002 and are now a permanent menu item along with steak quesadillas. A chicken quesadilla can be served with sour cream and tomatoes for a supreme meal.
What Sauce is on Taco Bell Quesadilla?
The Taco Bell Chicken quesadilla comes with Creamy Jalapeno Sauce. You can make homemade Creamy Jalapeno Sauce, which tastes like the quesadilla sauce from Taco Bell.
How To Fold a Quesadilla like Taco Bell?
Flour tortillas should be pliable and large enough to hold the cheese and filling together. It should withstand flipping over to either side without falling apart. The half-moon shape helps keep the filling in better than stacking two tortillas together.
To make a quesadilla place the fillings on one side. Top with cheese, cooked chicken breast strips, and creamy jalapeno sauce. Next, carefully, fold the opposite side over the toppings and cook on a griddle to toast each side.
Can You Buy Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce?
Taco Bell offers a variety of its signature creamy sauces, including;
- Creamy Baja Sauce- this sauce is what Taco Bell once used in their Grilled Stuffed Burritos. Find the Copycat Grilled Stuffed Burritos here.
- Chipotle sauce- this creamy sauce is great over tacos and burritos and has an adobo-flavored pepper profile.
- Spicy Ranchero Sauce- would be good in quesadillas or over a Taco Salad Recipe.
- Creamy Avocado Ranch- would be great over fish tacos or salad.
However, currently, Taco Bell does not sell the Creamy jalapeno sauce that is used in their chicken quesadillas. You can make my Copycat Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce here with spot-on results!
How Big Are Taco Bell Quesadillas?
Taco Bell uses large flour tortillas. Flour tortillas should be pliable and large enough to hold the cheese and filling together. It should withstand flipping over to either side without falling apart. The half-moon shape helps with this cooking step rather than stacking two tortillas together. Some large flour tortillas to choose from are burrito size or “Grande” extra-large flour tortillas. Burrito size tortillas are usually 10.5-inches across and extra-large burritos are about 13-inches large.
How To Reheat a Taco Bell Quesadilla?
The best way to revive and crisp up quesadillas is to reheat them in a dry non-stick pan. Simply heat on both sides over medium-low heat until crisp. If you are in a rush you can also microwave chicken quesadillas in 30-second intervals until the cheese melts. However, be careful not to overdo it, since tortillas can get rubbery and chewy if you microwave them for too long.
More Quesadilla Recipes:
- Shrimp Quesadillas
- Whole Wheat Breakfast Quesadillas
- Restaurant Quesadillas
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas Recipe like Chilis-coming soon.
Tips for Making Chicken Quesadillas:
- Microwave assembled quesadillas for 30 seconds before toasting, this speeds up the toasting step, without drying out the shell.
- When cooking the quesadillas, cook over medium-low heat to prevent the tortillas from burning.
- Serve quesadillas with all your favorite taco toppings. You can plan your quesadilla bar ahead of time and keep your toppings stored in food containers until, serving time. Favorite add ons include beans, jalapeno, lettuce, onions, seasoned rice, tomatoes, and sheet pan Fiesta Taco Bell Potatoes.
- To save time pick up cooked chicken breast meat from the store. Cooked chicken meat choices include rotisserie chicken, grilled and fully cooked chicken breast strips (in 16 oz bags), or canned chicken. Chicken quesadillas are also a great way to use up leftover meat! I always like to marinate my chicken breast meat in a baking soda solution for tender meat.
- Keep quesadilla sauce inside a clear squeeze bottle, for easier use. Creamy Jalapeno Sauce can keep up to 6 months in the fridge if your ranch dressing is not outdated. Note: homemade ranch dressing will differ in storing time. I use prepared Hidden Valley ranch dressing for the quesadilla sauce.
- Taco Bell Quesadillas are cooked on a dry commercial grill press. To copycat, this cooking technique, use a griddle or large pan that can easily fit a large flour tortilla. Make sure the cooking surface is fully preheated and hot before placing the quesadilla down, otherwise it can stick.
- Serve this as a snack dipped into salsa or as a quick main course meal.
- Make Mini chicken quesadillas for kid servings by using small flour tortillas.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken (Monterey Chicken)
- Buffalo Chicken– make quesadillas from this tender chicken.
- Chipotle Chicken Panini Sandwich (Panera Bread Copycat)
- Restaurant Quesadillas– fajita-style quesadillas.
Watch Alyona Make Taco Bell Chicken Quesadillas:
How To Make A Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla Recipe:
Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 two burner griddle or large pan
- 6 Flour Tortillas (large or Grande size)
- 16 oz Fully cooked chicken breast strips (grilled)
- 6 cups Mexican Cheese (or Fiesta blend cheese)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Creamy Jalapeno Sauce (quick and easy quesadilla sauce)
- Preheat the griddle over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place 1 cup of cheese on one side of the flour tortilla. Top cheese with 1 cup of chicken strips and 2 Tbsp of Creamy Jalapeno Sauce.
- Fold in half and toast on each side until cheese melts. Slice into fours using a bench scraper or pizza cutter. Serve.