These Bacon Cheddar Pizza twists are made with a homemade Crescent dough then layered with pizza sauce, cheese and bacon! It’s like a pull apart pizza ring that’s perfect for a tasty snack or quick pizza fix!
Homemade Pizza is a favorite around here but not always a quick dinner option. Making a 20 minute homemade crescent dough (by the way its like Pillsbury tube crescents but homemade,) will be a total game changer! This Homemade crescent dough is amazing and you can make any flavored crescent twist! Recognition goes to Susanna who introduced me to this tasty pizza twist with bacon and cheddar cheese! It’s a winner at our house and loved by children and adults! Now that we laid down the easy pizza twists crescents what are you making from it?
Watch how I made this Pizza Twist from scratch on my Instagram Stories! Tag me and #yesalyonascooking the next time you make our recipes, to be featured on our blog!
Bacon Cheddar Pizza Twists
Crescent Pizza Dough:
- 16 oz Crescent dough (2 store tubes or 1 Crescent dough Recipe)
- 2 Tbsp Pizza Sauce divided
- 4 oz velveeta cheese divided
- 3 slices cooked bacon chopped
How to make Easy Pizza Twists:
- Evenly divide crescent dough into 3 pieces. Roll each piece into a 13-inch circle.
- Spread 1 table of pizza sauce over the top, leaving a border and dollop half of the velveeta cheese. Garnish with half the bacon. Transfer into a greased pizza pan and repeat with second layer ending with the third piece of dough on top.
- Pinch edges together to seal filling. Place a mug in the center and cut 10 equal strips.
- Twist each strip twice and bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Velveeta Substitute: any cheese sauce or grated cheese will work.
- Dip with pizza sauce!
- Garnish with dried parsley for a pretty pizza twist!
Nutrition per serving
Whats the difference between pull apart bread and pizza twists?
Both concepts are a like and many recipes call for different doughs, however pull apart bread differs from pizza twists in its appearance. Pizza twists have spirals and pull part bread is typically baked in a bundt pan for a ring shape.
Can I make a puff pastry pizza twist?
Puff pastry rises much during the baking time making a lighter and flakier crust. However, it can easily be interchanged with the crescent dough.
What can I substitute for crescent rolls?
This homemade crescent dough is easy to make, however store crescents, puff pastry or pizza dough can also be great alternatives.
How many crescents rolls are in a tube?
One tube of refrigerator crescent rolls make 8 crescents. Which means there are 8 perforated triangles in each tube.
Can I refrigerate crescent dough?
It is safe to refrigerate this crescent dough. Margarine is a soft solid making handling a breeze so your dough should not solidify. Keep dough refrigerated for up-to 2 days.
Can these be frozen?
For best results freeze crescent rolls after they have been baked to avoid any damage to the leaving agents.
- Make-ahead and pop dough in the fridge for up-to 2 days for using later.
- Dough is even softer when resting 20 minutes before using.
- This recipe is equivalent to 2 Pillsbury tubes.
- Top with any topping you have on hand!