Add these bite-sized roasted vegetables to pizzas, sides or sauces! Their freezer friendly so make a batch and keep some stashed in the freezer for whenever you’ll need any!
These mini-sized roasted vegetables came together when I wanted to replicate Costco’s cauliflower pizza. They have a roasted vegetable pizza selection and it is so GOOD! Now unless you don’t mind using a tad of each veggie and using up the electricity on your oven for just a handful of veggies then make a BATCH. These freeze wonderfully and look just like the ones on that Costco pizza! But even if you don’t want to keep a stash of chopped roasted vegetables for only pizza, I could imagine they’d work for a rice dish, stir fry or added to some sort of sauce. Regardless for whatever you may need roasted vegetables for this is a basic and simple way to roast those veggies!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO ROAST VEGETABLES?
Depending on the temperature settings of your oven and the size of your vegetables it can range anywhere from around 10-30 minutes or more. It’s really a choice of preference and the desired color you want to see from your vegetables. The smaller the vegetable pieces the faster it’ll take to roast and the bigger vegetable chunks the longer it will take roast.
WHAT ARE THE BEST VEGETABLES FOR ROASTING?
Some hearty root vegetables work well for roasting like onions, carrots, potatoes, squash, beets and many other veggies (like mushrooms, garlic, asparagus, cauliflower, bell peppers.) However you should be careful with some richly green hued veggies that can turn to an olive color like broccoli.
HOW DO I ROAST VEGETABLES IN THE OVEN?
Real easy! Just toss veggies with some olive oil (to prevent dryness) and season to taste with herbs or plain salt & pepper. Crank the heat up to high (anywhere from 425° or up or broil over high heat.)
CAN I FREEZE ROASTED VEGETABLES?
YES! In fact the veggies seen on the cauliflower pizza were from a batch of these roasted vegetables! Flash freeze first by spreading out cooled roasted vegetables onto a tray and freezing. Then place into a zip-loc bag and keep frozen. Take out as many as you need from recipe to recipe and you’ll have ready to use roasted vegetables!
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CRUST WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED VEGETABLES:
- Cut all vegetables to desired pieces.
- Coat vegetables with a little oil.
- Season with desired herbs or salt & pepper.
- Broil over hi heat (about 4-5-inches away from the top) for up-to 10 minutes. This batch makes enough for 2 sheet pans full.
HOW TO FREEZE ROASTED VEGETABLES:
- Spread cooled roasted vegetables onto a large tray and freeze solid.
- Once frozen remove from tray and place into zip-loc baggies.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- In a large bowl dice zucchini, onion and half of all the bell peppers. Cut the other half of bell peppers into short strips. Add in the garlic and toss all the vegetables in olive oil.
- Spread vegetables out onto two large baking sheets.
- Broil over high heat 4-5-inches away from the top for 10 minutes. Remove and cool. Keep refrigerated.
- TO FREEZE: Spread out cooled roasted vegetables onto trays and freeze until solid. Transfer into zip-loc baggies and keep frozen.