The Easiest Loaded Baked Potato Casserole and so DELICIOUS! Cubed potatoes are nestled with dollops of sour cream and nacho cheese creating one of the tastiest sheet pan dinners that children even love!
This loaded baked potato casserole was one of my moms creations! No peeling the potatoes skins, twice baking potatoes, mashing or cutting into fries for that matter! Cubed potatoes are seared before they hit the oven for a head start in cooking and creating a crisp shell! Then comes the seasoning and smothered dollops of creamy nacho and sour cream! A real treat that children even devour! Load it up with bacon and chives for a complete loaded potato dish and add this to your rotation, it’s a keeper!
How to make Loaded Baked Potatoes Casserole Step-by-step:
Easy Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
- 2 1/2 lbs golden potatoes cubed with skins on (6 large)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Tostitos Salsa Con Queso Cheese (any cheese dip)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
How to Make Easy Loaded Potato Casserole:
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Sear cubed potatoes over high heat in 4 tbps of oil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and dollop with sour cream and cheese. Bake 25 minutes.
- Any jarred cheese sauce can be used.
Nutrition per serving
What are loaded potatoes?
Loaded potatoes are full of additional toppings to enhance the flavor! They can be baked, fried or roasted then topped with sour cream, a cheese sauce, bacon, and chives.
Can you make loaded baked potatoes without skins?
Yes, however the skins create a nice chewy shell to the potatoes whereas the flesh of the potatoes are mostly soft. Plus it’s easier to leave the skins on rather than peeling and there nutritional!
Can I make-ahead loaded baked Potato casserole?
YES! Stop at searing the potatoes then store covered before baking!
- Not a nacho cheese fan? Can use any cheddar cheese sauce!
- Garnish with dried parsley flakes to enhance dish!
- To keep warm for an event, transfer seared and baked potatoes without the toppings to a slow cooker and set on low. Dollop toppings on in crock pot and keep warm until serving.
- Use a cast iron skillet for a nice potato sear!