This buffalo chicken dip has the perfect blend of Frank’s RedHot sauce, ranch dressing, cream cheese, canned chicken and grated cheese. Not quite like like buffalo wings dipped in ranch dressing but one delicious and hot appetizer!
I’m not the person to enjoy very spicy or “hot appetizers” but this buffalo chicken dip is delicious served hot or cold! Best served with crunchy snacks like celery sticks or tortillas chips, but crackers, carrot sticks or toasted baguette slices can all work too. And in case you have some sensitive bellies in the house, opt for a heat-free dip like this shrimp dip.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip is a combination of cream cheese, Frank’s RedHot Sauce, ranch dressing, canned chicken breast, and grated cheese. All cheddar cheese, rotisserie or cooked real chicken, and blue cheese dressing can all be used for a matter of preference.
How to make Buffalo Chicken Dip-
The way you make Buffalo ranch dip can make a huge difference in texture. I found beating the cream cheese first with the addition of the ranch dressing and hot sauce, then folding in the chunky ingredients last, resulted in a very creamy yet chunky dip. No curds of cream cheese throughout the dip and you can see chunky pieces of chicken poking out.
How to serve Buffalo Chicken dip for large parties-
Buffalo chicken dip can be scooped into small disposable cups and arranged with the dipping snack a top. That way guests can take a portioned cup without the hassle of scooping or holding up any lines.
How to freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip-
Prepare buffalo chicken dip as directed only do not bake. Transfer dip into a zip-loc bag and freeze. When ready to use thaw and bake as directed.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip-
Place prepared buffalo chicken dip into a crockpot and cook over low heat for 2 hours.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 12.5 oz can of chicken breast
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup hot sauce Frank's RedHot
- 3/4 cup grated cheese mozzarella, Monterey jack, or cheddar cheese can be used
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the ranch dressing and hot sauce and continue to beat until smooth.
- Fold in the chicken and grated cheese then transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes, uncovered.