This Buffalo Chicken Dip is extremely creamy! The secret to this hot wing flavored appetizer is mixing the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and Franks Red Hot Sauce first! The chicken and cheese then get folded into the dip before it bakes to serve a crowd!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is a hit whenever I serve it! It’s one of the easiest dips to throw together because you simply use canned chicken and other basic ingredients like ranch dressing, Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce, cream cheese, and grated cheese. That is it, folks! No spices, no cooking chicken breasts, or any other time-consuming preparation needed! But, hey rotisserie chicken will work just as fast if you have any leftovers!
Now, before we jump in I must first tell you why it stands out from the other Buffalo Chicken Dip recipes. First things first, DO NOT dump all the ingredients together and bake. Beating the cream cheese first then gradually adding the other sauces is key to that creamy consistency. You will see what I mean once you’ve beaten the first three ingredients, it’ll be super creamy at that stage. It’s like laying down the base to your chicken dip then folding in the chunky ingredients like chicken pieces and cheese. I get excellent results every time taking these steps first. I guess it’s like baking a cake some things, need to be beaten first in order to get excellent results.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
What Is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
If you favor Buffalo Wings, a chicken dip is relatively close. All the wing flavors from Frank’s Red Hot Sauce only in chicken form like a dip.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip Made Of? This recipe is made with cream cheese, creamy ranch dressing, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, canned chicken, (or any cooked chicken like rotisserie chicken), and grated cheese. Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe that gets transferred into a baking dish and baked until sizzling hot.
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce- the original kind.
- Cream cheese- use a block of cream cheese, not the spreadable ones.
- Creamy Ranch Dressing- I used Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, Original.
- Chicken- you can use any type of cooked chicken. Thighs or chicken breasts. Pre-packaged or grilled.
- Cheese- use whatever kind of melting cheese you have, preferably grated. I typically have Mozzarella, Monterey Jack Cheese, or Cheddar cheese on hand. Mix or Match or buy cheese blends that melt seamlessly like provolone.
There is no need for additional spices or seasonings. This dip has tons of flavor!
How Do You Keep Buffalo Chicken Dip From Separating?
Like Butter, you want to avoid overheating or excessive reheating sessions. I like to blend the ingredients together to achieve the smoothest and creamiest results. Dumping all the ingredients together also results in fast fat separation as the ingredients were not properly blended in. As of a result the longer you bake a Buffalo dip the more you’ll start noticing red grease separate from the dip.
Although my buffalo dip recipe doesn’t call for butter, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce has butter so it’s prone to happen in most recipes regardless, if not managed properly. Word of advice, mix the cream cheese first then add the ranch dressing and hot sauce. Fold in the chicken and cheese then bake up to 15 minutes.
Can you Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo chicken dip takes minutes to whip up! However, if your planning ahead and don’t want to get the mixer dirty here’s how you can freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip.
How To Freeze Buffalo Dip: Prepare buffalo chicken dip as directed only DO NOT bake. Transfer dip into a freezer zip-lock bag and freeze. When ready to use thaw and bake as directed.
To Reheat: Thaw dip and bake as directed.
I do not recommend freezing already baked buffalo chicken dip as the more you reheat buffalo sauce the more prone it’ll be to separate and get greasy.
What’s To Serve With Buffalo Dip?
Buffalo dip is so flavorful! Choose any crunchy snacks to go along!
- celery sticks
- Tortilla chips (or potato chips)
- carrot sticks
- bell peppers (capsicum)
- crusty bread slices
- crackers (like Ritz crackers or butter flavored ones)
How To Serve Buffalo dip In Disposable Cups for a Party?
Buffalo dip can be scooped into small disposable cups and arranged with the dipping snack a top. That way guests can take a portioned cup without the hassle of scooping or holding up any lines. Scoop it hot or cold just be sure to use the disposable coffee cups for the hot-dip.
How to Make Buffalo Dip in a Crockpot?
Want a dip to stay warm for an event? Simply prepare dip and transfer into a slow cooker. Bring along and plug the crockpot then set over low for 2 hours. When ready to serve open the lid and place a tray of crackers or snacks nearby for a potluck-style event.
Can you Make-Ahead?
Yes! Prepare dip as directed only DO NOT bake. Transfer into a baking dish and keep refrigerated. Bake as directed adding a few extra minutes if needed. Serve.
Tips To Make The Best Dip:
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature before beating. (I like to microwave it for 30 seconds.)
- Use pre-cooked chicken such as rotisserie chicken, canned chicken, instant pot shredded chicken, or grilled chicken pieces.
- To make dip ahead of time keep in a baking dish or cast-iron skillet that way you can easily transfer into the oven.
- This Buffalo Chicken Dip is not too spicy and even children can eat it! But if you are sensitive cut the hot sauce in half if needed.
More Buffalo Sauce Recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- 12.5 oz canned chicken (drained)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (Hidden Valley Ranch)
- 1/3 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (any grated cheese)
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the ranch dressing and hot sauce and continue to beat until smooth.
- Fold in the chicken and grated cheese then transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes, uncovered. Serve with crackers or chips.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare dip as directed only DO NOT bake. Transfer into a baking dish and keep refrigerated. Bake as directed.
- How To Freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip: Prepare buffalo chicken dip as directed only DO NOT bake. Transfer dip into a freezer zip-lock bag and freeze. When ready to use thaw and bake as directed.
- Chicken: can use any cooked chicken like a rotisserie chicken, shredded, or grilled.
Nutrition per serving
Similar White Round Baking Dish