These Leftover Turkey Melts are the easiest way to use up turkey leftovers! The perfect leftover turkey recipe to make because you probably have most of the ingredients, plus they’re super tasty!
Children and adults enjoy these hot open-faced, melted sandwiches! And did you know this leftover turkey idea works great with leftover chicken or duck meat? You could even make these from canned tuna or chicken like I did in these Easy Tuna Melts! So you can make these tasty melts any time of the year not only after your Thanksgiving turkey!
How to make Leftover Turkey Melts Step-by-Step:
Leftover Turkey Melts
Leftover Turkey Melts:
- 1 French Bread Baguette (Walmart French Bread)
- 2 cups shredded leftover turkey meat
- 2 1/2 cups grated Colby blend cheese
- 1 cup Mayo
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
How to make Leftover Turkey Melts:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice baguette into 23 slices and arrange on baking sheet.
- Mix togther turkey meat, 2 cups cheese, mayo, onion and tomatoes. Spoon over slices and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toasted and hot.
Nutrition per serving
What else can I make with Thanksgiving Turkey Leftovers?
How long can Leftover Turkey keep?
Leftover turkey can be kept in the fridge for up-to 4 days.
Can I freeze leftover turkey meat?
Yes! Freeze leftover turkey meat that has been cleaned from the bones in an air-tight zip-loc bag. I like to freeze turkey meat in 2 cup portions for easy use later in recipes.
Can I make this without turkey?
Yes! This recipe is very interchangeable with other poultry! Check out my Hot tuna Melts that is a tuna version of this!
- Make turkey mixture ahead to shorten prep later.
- Bell peppers can be used in place of tomatoes.