Broccoli salad at it’s finest! This is the broccoli salad I turn to when using fresh broccoli. It’s so delicious and nestled with the perfect blend of dried cranberries, cherry tomatoes, bacon and onion then topped off with the best mayo dressing!
Not a fan of sugar? Try our Broccoli salad with honey mayo dressing for a leaner version! Prepping is done easy when you have pre-cooked bacon handy in the freezer for a quick salad to throw together like this one! It makes for a great make ahead salad as you can toss the dressing right before serving, so yay to a potluck idea! Bring it to barbecues or serve it for guests, this makes the perfect salad to please your crowd because it’s super delicious way to use up broccoli!
- 2 lb broccoli (2 1/2 heads cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup grapes halved
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved (about 9)
- 1/4 cup Craisins
- 1/4 cup nuts chopped
- 5 slices bacon crumbled (or 1/3 cup bacon bits)
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp vinegar
How To Make Broccoli Salad:
- In a large bowl combine all the salad ingredients. Whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss with the salad.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Combine salad ingredients and keep refrigerated. Toss with prepared dressing before serving.
Nutrition per serving
Should I blanch Broccoli before eating?
No, you do not need to blanch broccoli when making salads because the dressing works as the softener. If you’d wish to have broccoli slightly softened, simply marinade the dressing with the salad an hour in advance to soften up. If your looking to steam broccoli try out this Outback Broccoli cheese side!
Can I add Cheddar Cheese?
Absolutely! It’ll make a great addition, however if your planning to make ahead add it in with the dressing so it doesn’t get soggy.
How to Make Broccoli Salad Leaner:
If your counting calories sub raw honey in place of the sugar and use a lighter mayo! Feel free to use turkey bacon for bacon and any nuts that you have on hand. This broccoli salad is very versatile to dress up!
Can I use apple cider vinegar?
Absolutely! white distilled vinegar is what I used but both are interchangable for this recipe.
- Prep Broccoli salad ahead by prepping and combining all the ingredients except for the dressing right before serving.
- Use honey instead of granulated sugar for a healthier sweetener option.
- Add cheddar cheese to incorporate more dairy and for a more appealing salad.
- Use any nuts you have on hand!