Shrimp Scampi Fritta is one of my favorite Olive Garden appetizers! This 3-ingredient copycat recipe is super easy to throw together!
Shrimp Scampi Fritta
This fried shrimp is so good! Olive Garden serves the Shrimp Scampi Fritta in two different flavors (Spicy & Classic) and it makes for one of the best tasting shrimp dishes! You’d be lucky if it lasts long but serving it as an appetizer, lunch, or as a tasty dinner side are all the formal uses of it. This is literally a 3-ingredient recipe which is super easy to make and I’ll be covering tips and homemade alternatives to the shortcuts I took! You need this fried shrimp recipe!
What’s the Spicy Shrimp Scampi Fritta like?
Spicy shrimp scampi fritta is a fried shrimp appetizer drizzled with a spicy pepper sauce (also known as sweet chili sauce.)
How does the Classic Shrimp Scampi Fritta taste?
The classic version is coated with a garlic and white wine butter sauce and is not spicy.
How can I serve Shrimp Scampi Fritta?
Serve it alone as an appetizer, lunch or on top of pasta for dinner!
How can I make homemade fried shrimp batter?
To make your own fried shrimp breading you can use homemade bisquick, seasoned flour, or cornstarch. And if you want a thicker coating simply dip or add an egg to your breading!
Tips for fried shrimp:
- Drain water off your shrimp but leave them moistened for the breading to stick on well.
- Let breading set into shrimps and get sticky, those parts come out crispiest!
- Deep fry or use a good layer of oil.
- Fry until shrimps start shrinking in size to about have way.
- Dip shrimp into beaten eggs or add an egg to the breading for a thicker breading.
Ingredients for Shrimp Scampi Fritta:
Shrimp Scampi Fritta Recipe
Shrimp Scampi Fritta
- 16 oz Raw Large shrimp thawed, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup House Autry Seafood Breader
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
How to make Shrimp Scampi Fritta
- Place breading into a large zip-bag and toss shrimp to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat 1 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry shrimp 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden and shrunken in size.
- Drizzle with sweet chili sauce before serving.
- Can substitute 1/2 cup of flour, cornstarch or a mixture of cornmeal and flour for the seafood breader. Season with spices to taste. Homemade bisquick will also work as a breading.
- Dip shrimp into a beaten egg before breading for a thicker coat of breading or beat an egg into the batter with an addition of water if needed for a fluffier batter.
Nutrition per serving
Other Olive Garden recipes to try:
- Olive Garden Breadsticks (Copycat Recipe)
- Five-Cheese Ziti al Forno (Copycat Recipe)
- Ravioli di Portobello Copycat Recipe