This is the only Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe you’ll need! When chicken salad is this good you can pile it up on sandwiches and serve it for parties, lunches or dinner! Learn how to make them with step-by-step photos!
I’ve made chicken salad recipes before and none were as good as this one! Make Shredded chicken breasts for that chunky pull apart texture that you just can’t get from canned chicken. This recipe is super basic and doesn’t call for any veggies (less chopping!) It’s that simple and has LOTS of good flavor! These HOT chicken salad sandwiches are the way to feed a crowd or stack up on lunch sandwiches throughout the week (they refrigerate great!)
BEST Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I discovered these sandwiches at a tea party and they were delicious! Served warm on a toasty french bread roll, it instantly became a favorite! I love it so much I made them twice in one week!
Chicken Salad Sandwiches for a crowd:
These sandwiches make the perfect main dish for a party, lunch or dinner! Walmart $1 French Bread Rolls are huge which makes it the perfect choice for gatherings or parties. They come in flavored options for variety and aren’t that hard to flavor at home! And left overs make the perfect lunch!
French Bread Variations:
Want to flavor your french bread rolls? Here are some flavor variations you can make from plain french bread. Simply brush the tops of your roll, before baking with butter or oil and top with these flavors:
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (as pictured to the left)
- Sesame Seeds
- Onion flakes
- Poppy seeds
- Italian herbs and grated cheese
How to make Hot Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
Tips for Hot Chicken Salad Sandwiches:
- Hollow out the bread! It makes a difference! You want it to be about the chicken, extra bread will just dilute all that chicken flavor.
- Don’t over bake!
- Don’t over-mix to prevent a mush you want those pulled chicken chunks!
- Refrigerates nicely!
- Mix and match cheeses.
- Can use dill pickles with juice for the relish
- Don’t skip the lemon juice it adds a nice boost to the chicken!
Tools that I used:
- Instant Pot (for the shredded chicken)
- XL Ice Cream Scoop (as pictured)
- Silpat Silicone mats (as shown)
- Large Baking Sheet
- Cuisinart Measuring spoons (as shown)
Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 2/3 cups mayo
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 2 Tbsp relish
- 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 2 French Bread Rolls
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese grated
How to make Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Slice French bread rolls in half lengthwise. Hollow out insides (save for breadcrumbs or feed the birds.) Set aside.
- Combine all the chicken salad ingredients and gently toss togther (don't over mix to prevent a mushy mess you want those chicken chunks.)
- Evenly divide and scoop the chicken mixture into the French bread rolls. Sprinkle each roll with 1 cup of cheese over the chicken and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Slice each roll into 12 pieces. Enjoy!